Thank you for joining us in round 3! This contest proved to be one of our toughest yet, with the third problem of the senior division proven to be especially perplexing due to its ad-hoc nature. You may also have noticed that we decided to provide a kick to the junior division’s difficulty. The reason of course, is to keep all of you (even juniors!) on your toes and habitually challenged! This time, we witnessed only one perfect scorer in the senior division and none in the junior. Congratulations to Jason Yuen from Pierre Elliott Trudeau High, along with Arsh Raza from William Lyon Mackenzie High for winning the senior and junior divisions respectively.
The senior division prizewinners for this round are:
- Jason Yuen of Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School ($200)
- Joey Yu of Thornhill Secondary School ($100)
- William Wen of Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School ($50)
- Leo Feng of Vincent Massey Secondary School ($50)
- Brian Chau of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($50)
The junior division prizewinners for this round are:
- Arsh Raza of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute ($50)
- Justin Pu of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute ($25)
- Henning Jiang of Vincent Massey Secondary School ($25)
Congratulations! These prizes will be distributed as Visa gift cards, and we will be contacting your teachers shortly about sending them out. Remember to keep on practicing, since we still have many prizes in the remaining online round, as well as the invitational finals! Problems and solutions for this round are now posted at: woburnchallenge.com/past-contests. Once again, we thank all of you who participated, as well as teachers for sharing this with your students.
Good luck for next round, and be on the lookout for the on-site finals in May!