Thank you for joining us in this year’s Woburn Challenge, new and returning participants alike! It certainly did take us a couple of extra months to get things back in order this contest season – our sincerest apologies for the anticipation! However, you can be sure that we’re back now, ready to challenge you with new rules and a new intermediate division for the new year.
We witnessed several perfect scores in all of the divisions, with Zixiang Zhou of University Heights Public School coming out on top of the senior division. Zixiang is only in grade 8. Wow! It looks like many of you have been practising over the summer and winter breaks – which is fantastic. But worry not, as even greater challenges await in the months to follow!
The senior division prizewinners for this round are:
- Zixiang Zhou of University Heights Public School ($100)
- Brian Chau of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($50)
- Joey Yu of Thornhill Secondary School ($25)
- Henning Jiang of Vincent Massey Secondary School ($25)
- Anish Mahto of Turner Fenton Secondary School ($25)
- William Fung of Richmond Hill High School ($25)
- Steven Mai of University of Toronto Schools ($25)
- Andrew Tang of Erindale Secondary School ($25)
The intermediate division prizewinners for this round are:
- Michael Huang of Bell High School ($50)
- Aaron Tang of Churchill Heights Public School ($25)
- Sunny Lan of Richmond Hill High School ($25)
- Kevin Wang of Glenforest Secondary School ($25)
Finally, we would like to applaud a job well done to the top Junior division finishers: Patrick Jung and Ri Xin Yang of Dr. Normal Bethune Collegiate Institute, Young Yu of Bayview Secondary School, and Henry Guo of A.Y. Jackson Secondary School.
Congratulations! These prizes will be distributed as Visa gift cards during the on-site finals in May to which all of the above winners are invited (more details to come later). Do not fret if you may not be able to make the final round in person – we will mail your prize to you afterwards.
Remember that we will have many prizes in the remaining rounds of the year, so keep on practicing! Problems and solutions for this round are now posted at: woburnchallenge.com/past-contests. Once again, we thank all of you who participated, as well as teachers for sharing this with your students.