The Woburn Challenge 2017-18 on-site finals was one for the books! We witnessed 25 teams from 13 schools battle it out for the coveted title of Woburn Challenge Champion. In the end, team William Lyon Mackenzie C.I. were victors of the junior division, narrowly inching out team 4 from Churchill Heights P.S. by a time penalty of 10 short minutes. Unfortunately, we were struck by the test data gremlins today. Due to incorrect data for problem J5/S3, Joey Yu and Zixiang Zhou are declared the conjoint champions of the senior division! The corrected version of the problem and data has been copied to the main judge, where in-contest submissions have been rejudged.
The senior division prizewinners are:
- Joey Yu of Thornhill Secondary school ($250) and Zixiang Zhou of University Heights Public School ($250)
- Brian Chau of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($150)
The junior division prizewinners are:
- Yi Deng, Evan Zhang, and Jeffrey Gao of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute ($150)
- Aaron Tang and Robert Chung of Churchill Heights Public School ($100)
- Bill Hu, David Tang, and Andrew Marin of University of Toronto Schools ($50)
Congratulations! For all online-round prizewinners who could not join us today, we will be getting in contact with your teachers shortly about sending your prizes by mail. We truly hope that you enjoyed tackling all the problems which we have prepared with love. Thanks to all the helping hands that made this event possible, as well as contestants and teachers alike, who stayed with us through to the end of the season. We would love to hear your feedback about how to improve for next year, so please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. That said, we hope you enjoyed the last round of the season and look forward to bringing you many more exciting challenges next year!