Thank you for joining us in our third online round, new and returning participants alike. The finals are coming into view, and we hope you’re finding our questions more mind-bending than ever!
This time, there were no perfect scores in the intermediate division and only one perfect scorer in the senior division. Alas, it took three rounds before Brian Chau of Woburn was finally able to decrown the young reigning champion, Zixiang Zhou. We’d burst into our Wildcats cheer now, but we know this victory may only be temporary. Round 4 is the only way to find out!
The senior division prizewinners for this round are:
- Brian Chau of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($100)
- Zixiang Zhou of University Heights Public School ($50)
- Ava Pun of Marc Garneau Collegiate Institute ($25)
- Allan Xu of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($25)
- Evan Yu of Iroquois Ridge High School ($25)
- Arielle Shannon of University of Toronto Schools ($25)
- Henning Jiang of Vincent Massey Secondary School ($25)
- William Huang of Woburn Collegiate Institute ($25)
The intermediate division prizewinners for this round are:
- Michael Huang of Bell High School ($50)
- Sharujan Sreekaran of Glenforest Secondary School ($25)
- Aaron Tang of Churchill Heights Public School ($25)
- Jeffrey Gao of William Lyon Mackenzie Collegiate Institute($25)
Finally, we would like to applaud another job well done to the top Junior finishers (all with perfect scores): Robert Chung of Churchill Heights Public School, and Henry Guo of A.Y. Jackson Secondary School. To all you juniors who are doing well – why not try a harder division next round? :)
Congratulations! These prizes will be distributed as Visa gift cards during the on-site finals in May to which all of the above winners are invited (more details to come later). Do not fret if you may not be able to make the final round in person – we will mail your prize to you afterwards.
Remember that we will have many prizes in the remaining rounds of the year, so keep on practicing! Problems and solutions for this round are now posted at: woburnchallenge.com/past-contests. Once again, we thank all of you who participated, as well as teachers for sharing this with your students.